RL Vision Knowledge Base

Support questions and answers for software by RL Vision.

Note: This is an archived discussion. Any bug, problem or suggestion mentioned here is likely to have been fixed since it was written.

Subject: Re: Flash Renamer 6.2

Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:53:05 +0200

At the moment the pattern box can not be made larger. I might make it larger in future versions.

Because you are using Vista, the settings are stored in another folder. >From the manual:

Windows Vista is a bit different. Because the setup program copies the settings to the common appdata folder, the files will inherit setups admin privelidges, so only a real admin (ie with UAC turned off) will be able to modify them. Vista has a solution called Virtualizing that will automatically make copies of the files to a VistualStore folder (typically %userprofile%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\RL Vision\Flash Renamer\). This means that all users will have unique settings. If you don't like this, you can change the read/write privileges on the original files (typically stored in C:\ProgramData\RL Vision\Flash Renamer\) and give standard users write privelidges.

I'm a bit puzzled since you say that settings are being saved, yet you still have not been able to register. This problem typically occurs when settings are not saved.

Do you see the "shareware window" at startup?

My recommendation would be to try and remove all settings.bin to reset the settings and try again.

// Dan

Richard wrote:

> Sorry, I forgot the attachment.

Back to Knowledge Base