RL Vision Knowledge Base

Support questions and answers for software by RL Vision.

Note: This is an archived discussion. Any bug, problem or suggestion mentioned here is likely to have been fixed since it was written.

Subject: Re: Flash Renamer

Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 20:09:28 +0100

I have never heard of anyone else having this problem, so I will have to do some trial and error to try and figure out what could be causing this. My first suggestion is to open the program folder where Flash Renamer is installed. Rename the file "FlashRen.exe.manifest" to "_FlashRen.exe.manifest". Now start Flash Renamer and see if it works better?

// Dan

*****@***** wrote:

> Dan,
>

> Thanks for your response.
>
> Since I last emailed you I uninstalled Flash Renamer (FR) , rebooted, redownloaded FR software, reinstalled FR and rebooted. The result was still the same.
>
> When I start the FR software it is very slow to startup as it keeps refreshing tabs, menus etc. using most of my CPU.
>
> I closed all other applications, including Kaspersky Security and renamed 56 photo files by adding an X at the start of the old name. This renaming took 7.5 minutes! In the past it would have taken a few seconds.
>
> I enclose a screenshot of Flash Renamer as requested, in addition a Task manager screenshot showing processes & very high CPU usage. A Hijack this log is attached which may also be of assistance.
>

> Thanks again for your assistance
>

> Regards
>

> Jack
>

> From: RL
> Subject: Re: Flash Renamer
> To: *****@*****
> Date: Thursday, February 26, 2009, 8:09 AM
>

> Hi,
>
> That does not sound good. :-( Does it happen all the time, or just when doing specific renaming tasks? You are welcome to send me a screenshot showing Flash Renamer when it's slow. That will help me a lot.
>
> // Dan
>

> J wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I downloaded Flash Renamer and I must say that I like the features that it offers.
>>
>> I would consider buying this program but I am concerned at the CPU usage (95%) and which makes this program run extremely slow, even when adding or removing just one didgit!
>>
>> I am using XP Pro SP3 on a DELL P4 laptop.
>>
>> Can you please advise if this is the normal operational mode or if this can be fixed?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Jaz

Back to Knowledge Base

 · Software